Infrastructure Engineer (f|m)
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer to strengthen our development team. Your work directly impacts thousands of influencers and hundreds of brands that use our platform.
Having a software engineering background with experience and interest in building infrastructure solutions helps you to accomplish the requirements of the role. IaC and automation make up a significant portion of your daily work.
Your focus will be on our platform’s microservice architecture and infrastructure; building a solid foundation to enable further growth, and reliable platform.
A few of the things you might work on
Containerization of the micro-service landscape: Help us to transition from an instance-driven setup to a container-driven setup on AWS. We already use Docker for development and we see the benefits of a unified approach across all infrastructure layers.
Continuous deployment optimization: We ship software every day, and we want to make sure it happens with high quality. You work with us on improving our development and deployment pipelines for a faster feedback and shipping cycle, and to detect and understand problems early.
Health & performance monitoring: Knowing the internal state of the production services helps to react in error cases. Additionally, it brings valuable insights for further optimizations and improvements. Services and tools, like DataDog, CloudWatch, and so on are out there; let us make use of it.
Job scheduler & data pipelines: Many functionalities of blogfoster’s platform happen behind the scenes. Having a reliable system that can schedule different kind of jobs is an important part. Be part of building a system that is reliable and pleasant to use.
Full-stack approach: The engineering team applies a full-stack approach. We encourage every engineer to work on the full range of tasks (infrastructure, backend, frontend) based on their preferences. The team supports each other to have the knowledge and skills for it.
Our engineering blog: We regularly publish articles about React & Co., Node.js, product development and engineering management. You might find something interesting, and we'd love for you to share your experiences and findings too. You should check it out.
10% time: Everybody on the team is free to spend 10% of their work time on innovative ideas and technologies which interest them, such as open source and thought leadership.
Remote work: We are open to people who don’t live in Berlin and don’t want to relocate. The only requirement at the moment is that you live in Europe. This makes the organization and process easier for all of us.
- Do you have experience running infrastructure on AWS?
- Are you comfortable writing code to automate infrastructure?
- Experience running Node.js services and Docker in production is a big plus though not a requirement.
- Do you love designing, building and operating modern cloud infrastructure?
- Do you strive for creative solutions that push the company and your peers instead of accepting the status quo?
- You’re passionate about sharing your knowledge and experience among the team.
- Competitive salary
- 10% time policy
- Working in a startup which supports bloggers turning their passion into a business.
- Building the foundation for a globally scalable product
- Freedom to bring in your ideas and vision
- Working with bleeding edge technologies